The BoneXpert Server version has been well received in Europe due to its ideal integration in the radiologists' workflow.
The key step in the installation is to establish a contact between Visiana and the local PACS administrator, who then downloads the program, installs it on a local machine, and configures it, whereafter it runs as a DICOM node, i.e. as an integral part of PACS. The image processing is done locally, and the counting of the analyses over the internet.
Sixteen hospitals/clinics have purchased a license for an annual use of 200 or more BoneXpert analyses, including the following
- Leiden University Medical Centre, Netherlands (shown in image)
- Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Hillerød Hospital, Denmark
- Klinikum Augsburg, Germany
- Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
- Domus Medica, Reykjavik, Iceland
- Medizinisches Kinder- und Jugendzentrum, Frankfurt/Heidelberg, Germany
- Skåne University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
- Aalborg University Hospital, Denmark
- Utrecht University Medical Centre, Netherlands
- Radboud University Medical Centre, Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Regional Hospital West, Herning & Holstebro, Denmark
- Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Klinikum Ludwigsburg, Germany
In addition, 15 hospitals are currently testing the system, integrated in their PACS. Other hospitals are welcome to contact Visiana to request a free trial of the BoneXpert PACS plugin.