This video is also available in other languages
Precise bone age - for better patient care
BoneXpert is a software for automated measurement of bone age from a child's hand X-ray. This delivers a precise and standardised reading unlike the conventional manual rating with its considerable reader variability.
Leading pediatric clinics integrate this tool seamlessly in their workflow for adult height prediction,better diagnosis and optimisation of treatment.
Running on existing hardware and paid per analysis, BoneXpert is cost-effective from day one, relieving doctors from time-consuming manual rating to allow more time for patient care.
BoneXpert application areas:
Clinical practice in paediatrics
Installed in the radiology department and serving mainly paediatric endocrinology
Academic research or drug trials sponsored by pharmaceutical companies
Talent identification or prevention of injuries
Planning the timing of treatment
October 2017: BoneXpert licensed to 100 hospitals
There are now 100 hospitals using BoneXpert for at least 100 analyses per year.
Some of the new sites are
- Hôpital universitaire des enfants Reine Fabiola (HUDERF), Bruxelles, BE
- Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust, Liverpool, UK (depicted above)
- John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
- University Hospital Prague-Motol, CZ
- CHU Vaudois, Lausanne, CH
August 2017: Visit BoneXpert at these exhibitions
We welcome you to visit the BoneXpert stand at the following three conferences in September 2017:
- PES: Pediatric Endocrine Society Annual Meeting, 13-17 September, Washington DC, USA
- GPR: Jahrestagung der Gesellschaftfür Pädiatrische Radiologie, 21-23 September, Stuttgart, Germany
- SFIPP: Congrès de la Société Francophone d'Imagerie Pédiatrique et Périnatale, 22-23 September, Liège, Belgium
May 2017: Special Focus Session on age assessment at ESPR 2017
Prof Dr med Oskar Jenni of University of Zurich with expertise in developmental psychology, and PhD Hans Henrik Thodberg, developer of BoneXpert, will give a joint, interdisciplinary talk: Age estimation at the end of puberty: From a hand radiograph or from mental/psychological assessment
Read more ...
April 2017: Visiana moves to new offices
Visiana has moved 8 km north to new and larger offices in Scion DTU Science and Technology Park, Agern Allé 24, 2970 Hørsholm.